Gowanda is a leader in the design and production of robust inductors for the military/aerospace, space and defense industries. The company’s success is derived from decades of magnetics expertise, focused attention on the technical requirements of such demanding applications and collaborative relationships with customers’ design engineering teams. Numerous inductor series have achieved Qualified Product List status as a result of Gowanda’s commitment to the process controls, testing and investment required. The company has led the industry with several ‘firsts’ as well.
- MIL-PRF-83446 – first with 0603 & 0805 chip inductors
- MIL-PRF-27 – first with Level T
- MIL-PRF-39010 – first with SMT ER & ER Shielded
Military and High Rel Applications
Our current Qualified Product List designs include RF and power inductors which meet the demanding requirements of military and high reliability applications where reliable performance is a necessity, not an option. We are committed to expanding our QPL product line for the global marketplace in response to increasing demand for qualified inductors.QPL products are used in communication applications such as space, satellite, radio, sonar, GPS and guidance, as well as in radar, test & evaluation, security and special mission applications.
RF Surface Mount
Our newest RF SMT is a first-in-industry M39010 Established Reliability QPL inductor in SMT configuration; a shielded version is also available. M83446 series include industry-first 0603 & 0805 chip inductors.
Gowanda now has 18 MS approvals for M15305 thru-hole inductors (shielded and unshielded) and 10 MS approvals to level R for M39010 ER inductors (shielded and unshielded).
|Series||Military Number||Inductance µH||DCR Ohms||Current Rating mA DC|
|0.10 – 1000||0.08 – 72||28 – 1350|
|0.15 – 240||0.030 – 7.80||101 – 2450|
|0.15 – 27||0.030 – 2.75||205 – 3000|
|MLRF19M||MS95039||270 – 1000||8.2 – 16.5||78 – 110|
|0.47 – 39||0.06 – 2.0||224 – 1970|
|MLRF22M||MS90540||1100 – 3600||21 – 40||57 – 78|
|MLRF24M||MS90541||3900 – 10000||44 – 72||47 – 61|
|1.2 – 120||0.075 – 4.15||195 – 2400|
Power Surface Mount
Gowanda’s “MLP” molded SMT series addresses three M27 mil spec numbers for electronic and communication applications; Gowanda was first-to-market with “T-Level Qualified” versions.
Two M27 high current molded thru-hole inductor series deliver the performance required by demanding military, aerospace and defense applications.
Reliability for Critical Applications
- Providing high reliability inductors, transformers, and magnetics to the electronics OEM marketplace for over 50 years
- Track record of reliability in standard applications now validated by Department of Defense QPL approvals
- Perform in-house extensive life testing across thermal, electrical, mechanical and environmental test spectrums
- QPL approval obtained on MIL-PRF-27, MIL-PRF-15305, MIL-PRF-39010, and MIL-PRF-83446
Designs to Meet Your Needs
- Variations to designs can be provided in order to meet the specific requirements of a particular application
- Pursuit of QPL approval for such customer-specific designs depends on volume and other factors
- Gowanda can upscreen or uprate standard product and do in-house environmental testing to increase reliability
- Partnering opportunities and inquiries are welcome from companies looking to address specific QPL needs
Support from In-House Lab
- QPL military approval requires extensive qualification testing
- Gowanda’s investment in an in-house lab demonstrates the company’s commitment to the QPL sector
- A comprehensive full-capability Environmental Testing Lab is now in place at Gowanda
- The lab addresses thermal shock, life test, shock and vibration testing protocols
- It supports the military market in connection with the company’s plans for increased participation in this sector