The Accounts Receivable Clerk will assist in ensuring that the company receives payment for goods and services offered to clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Prepares, posts, verifies, and records customer payments and transactions related to accounts receivable.
- Creates invoices according to company practices; submits invoices to customers.
- Maintains and updates customer files, including name or address changes, mergers, or mailing attentions.
- Drafts correspondence for standard past-due accounts and collections, identifies delinquent accounts by reviewing files, and contacts delinquent accountholders to request payment.
- Creates reports regarding the current status of customer accounts as requested.
- Researches customer discrepancies and past-due amounts with the assistance of the Sales Manager and other staff.
- Collaborates with the Assistant Controller to reconcile accounts receivable on a periodic (at least bimonthly) basis.
- Assists in generating monthly billing statements based on the general ledger.
- Assists Assistant Controller in reconciling revenue accounts each month.
- Copies, files, and retrieves materials for accounts receivable as needed.
- Relays changes of information to appropriate employees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software as well as other accounting software programs.
- Ability to operate related office equipment, such as computers, 10-key calculator, and copier.
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associates or Bachelors degree in Accounting preferred.
- At least two years of related experience required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual will have a strong, confident phone demeanor.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand; walk, use hands to grasp, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is generally quiet.
Gowanda Electronics is an equal opportunity organization. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
If, due to disability, you need assistance in completing an application or if you anticipate that you need auxiliary aids or assistance in the selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 716-532-2234.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
One Magnetics Pkwy
P.O. Box 111
Gowanda, NY 14070-0111
Fax: (716) 532-2702 | email: email@example.com
Gowanda Electronics is committed to equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Gowanda Electronics will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity and feel you need a reasonable accommodation pursuant to the ADA, please contact us at +1-716-532-2234.