Ground Breaking Event at Gowanda Electronics
State of the Art Facility – Construction to Begin
Gowanda, NY – Gowanda Electronics is holding a ground breaking ceremony today to signal the start of construction of the company’s new state of the art, 33,000 sq. ft. facility at its new location on Townsend Ave., Gowanda, NY.
Special guests will include NYS Senator Pat McGee and NYS Assemblyman Dan Burling.
In addition to the above, many other individuals who played a pivotal role in this project’s success will be attending this event. This includes members of the village, town, county, state, utility and financial communities:
- Village of Gowanda Mayor – Dan Lazar
- Town of Persia Supervisor – Tom Thrasher
- Cattaraugus County Legislature Chairman – Jess Fitzpatrick
- Cattaraugus County IDA Director – Norm Leyh
- Cattaraugus Count Economic Development Agency Director – Tom Livak
- Southern Tier West Senior Regional Economic Development Coordinator – Tom Barnes
- NYS Empire State Development Regional Director – Luke Rich
- NYSEG Western Regional Manager for Economic Development – Rick Rebadow
- KeyBank Vice President – Neil Aquino
Gowanda Electronics currently has three facilities located in the village of Gowanda. Upon completion of the new facility on Townsend Ave. the company will move all its operations – including manufacturing, engineering, research and administration – to the new site. The new facilities will enable Gowanda Electronics to maximize efficiencies and increase capacity to meet the growing demand for its electronic components. Key to this expansion project was the company’s desire to stay in the Gowanda community, where it has been located since its inception in 1963.
Due to the particular nature of the Townsend Ave. site, the only site in the immediate area which suited Gowanda Electronic’s needs, infrastructure upgrades – and the requisite funding and support for these upgrades to the water, sewer, storm drainage and roadway systems – were necessary prior to the initiation of the building project. As a result, the assistance and cooperation of many individuals from government and private organizations were essential for Gowanda Electronic’s project to move forward.
It is anticipated that construction will be completed by the end of the year.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get Family of Brand product news & other updates