FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The class level of a cleanroom designates the maximum number of particulates (0.50 micrometer (μm)) permitted per cubic feet of air in a cleanroom.
Class 100,000 = ISO 8
Color Code / Part Marking
The dash number is a three-digit code, represented as XXX within Dimensional Specification files & Datasheet drawings, that corresponds to the three numbers that follow the series name in the part number.
– 100 = 0.1 µH
– 101 = 1.0 µH
– 102 = 10 µH
– 103 = 100 µH
Date Code / Lot Code
ESD (Electrostatic Discharge)
Export Control Classification Number (ECCN)
Lead-Free / RoHS
Add “LF” suffix to the end of a part number for RoHS requirement.
Example: SML32S-101KLF, Gowanda designates a component RoHS-compliant by adding “LF” (lead free) to the part number. These LF components meet the ≤ 0.10% lead requirement and they are compatible with 260°C soldering processes.
Note: this applies as only to series/part numbers that are marked as RoHS compliant.
Medical, Military, and Aerospace Qualified
- Designs utilize non-magnetic materials to avoid problems in magnetic-sensitive applications
- Suitable for medical applications such as MRI equipment where magnetic materials would compromise system performance
- Gowanda was the first inductor manufacturer to attain ISO 13845, establishing it as a leader in this field
- RF surface mount and RF thru-hole designs offer versatility to design engineers
- Available in application-specific designs
- These inductors provide relative permeability of ≤ 1.00003
Obsolete / Discontinued Parts
If a Gowanda series is marked with “Outgassing Tested per ASTM E595” this means that this series meets a TML (Total Mass Loss) requirement of 1.0% maximum when tested in accordance with ASTM E595; this calculation does not include WVR (Water Vapor Recovered).
Request a Quote
There are two (2) methods of submitting an RFQ form on this site:
- By adding products to your cart and then filling in the subsequent form on the checkout page and submitting. This should be used if you have found and added to your cart the discreet part numbers utilized at Gowanda.
- By visiting our Request for Quote page. This page is unique in that it will pull in the URL of the last page that you have visited to give our team here an idea of what it is you are looking for. Like the other path to submitting an RFQ, the user must complete the form and submit for it to be sent to our team here at Gowanda.
If you need further assistance with either option, please feel free to Contact Us!
Selecting the Best Part
Yes, our search parameters that are on each product page will help you narrow down the results of what we offer as Standard Product. If you do not find your exact specification, you can submit a form to our Engineering team.
You can also use our search metrics to search by competitor part numbers.
The purpose of magnetic shielding is to reduce the amount of magnetic flux generated outside the inductor, in turn reducing the likelihood of radiating energy to nearby components or circuit board traces causing electro-magnetic interference (EMI). Whether a shield is necessary depends on the proximity of other components and how field interaction would affect the circuit's performance. Field interactions are challenging to model, and measurement of the final circuit design is recommended. In addition to reducing radiated fields, magnetic shielding typically contributes to the inductance of the component, helping to achieve more inductance per given size of inductor.
Tape and Reel
Tape and reel information is included on each series datasheet and on each product page on the website. ALL series packaging information can be found on the Packaging Specifications webpage.
The weight of a Gowanda part is typically specified on the data sheet for the part. In the case of a part series, a weight range may be given that covers the entire series.