DEFENSE AND AEROSPACE COMPONENTS
Industry Leader in High Performance Components
Gowanda is a leader in the design and production of robust components for the defense and aerospace industries. Our success is derived from decades of inductor, transformer, magnetics and solenoid expertise combined with focused attention on the requirements in such demanding applications and a collaborative relationship with customers’ design engineering teams. Numerous inductor series have achieved Department of Defense Qualified Product List status as a result of our commitment to the process controls, testing and investment required.
Gowanda is a corporate member of the National Defense Industries Association. NDIA drives strategic dialogue in national security by identifying key issues and leveraging the knowledge and experience of its military, government, industry and academic members to address them.
Important QPL Update
It has come to our attention that there are several errors at the US Defense Logistics Agency website, specifically the omission of Gowanda from the QPL listing for several MIL-PRF-83446 slash numbers. The DLA is taking steps to fix these errors at their website. In the meantime please refer to the original DLA qualification letters for correct information.
- Technical team available to design components to your requirements
- Environmentally ruggedized product
- Qualified power inductors and RF inductors—including some industry ‘firsts’
- Decades of involvement in military programs
Qualifications and Military Standards
QPL achieved per:
- MIL-PRF-27 – first-in-industry to Level T
- MIL-PRF-15305 – over a dozen MS approvals
- MIL-PRF-39010 – Level R thru-hole
- MIL-PRF-83446 – first-in-industry with 0603 & 0805 chip inductors
Performance Parameters and Testing
- Operating temperatures from -55°C to +220°C
- In-house environmental testing including thermal shock, life test, mechanical shock, vibration and thermal cycling
- Lot & date code traceability as required
- Application-specific designs that meet stringent electrical and mechanical requirements
- Ruggedization of components designed specifically to withstand the rigors of the military, aerospace and defense markets
- Micro/ultra-miniature inductors and transformers for hybrid applications
- No design obsolescence