With more than 50 years of design experience Gowanda continues to maintain a leadership position as the supplier of choice for custom magnetics requirements. We also excel at MIL-STD-981, MIL-PRF-27 and MIL-STD-202 requirements.
- Extensive Design Options
- Prototype to Production Capabilities
- Decades of OEM Experience
Providing Solutions for Application-Specific Needs
For applications requiring more than off-the-shelf components, Gowanda works closely with OEM project teams to design and manufacture magnetic component solutions.The company’s collaborative approach assures success in the final application since Gowanda engineers are virtual members of the customer’s product development team. They actively participate in the early stages of design development (when footprints and configurations are still open for review and change recommendations), thereby providing critical guidance and recommendations for effective product design. Gowanda continues this collaboration with the OEM team long after the design and prototype stages are complete, assuring that the component is appropriately tested, qualified and manufactured per the requirements of the application. We offer specialized services for custom design, custom molding and custom winding, in addition to offering helpful guidance for custom inductors, custom transformers and specialty products.
Gowanda is highly proficient with toroidal requirements and with high reliability applications needing custom inductors, coils or choke solutions. Capabilities include MIL-PRF-981, upscreening and environmental qualification.
Gowanda’s expertise in application-specific transformers enables designs with flyback, pot core, RM core & Balun configurations; thermal class wires to 200°C. Capabilities include MIL-PRF-27, up-screening & environmental testing.
We invite inquiries for custom specialty products which leverage Gowanda’s strengths in additional areas such as air core, LC/LR networks, conicals and ultra-miniature designs, among others.
- Thermal Classes – compliance to NEMA, temperature ratings to 200°C
- Materials – ferrites, powdered irons, Kool MuTM, phenolics, MPP, high flux
- Wire Sizes & Styles – up to 49AWG, single & multi-strand; copper, litz
- Frequency Ranges – 250 kHz to 1.8 GHz; 1 kHz to 2 MHz
- Mountings – surface mount & thru hole
- Headers – ceramic, FR4, G10, molded, self-leaded
- Encapsulants – potting, vacuum impregnation, varnish coating, thermal set epoxy overmold
- Designs – air core, coils, chokes, common mode, inductors, magnetics, toroids, transformers
- Dedicated machine tool and design center (Tech Center)
- Soft tooling for proof of concept or small production quantities
- Prototype tooling – build in-house as needed
- Custom winding & custom molding
- Special manufacturing equipment – design and build in-house as needed
- Effective transition from prototype to production – same equipment
- Cleanrooms – multiple Class 100,000
- Environmental Test Lab – full range of reliability testing in-house for QPL and other requirements
- Multiple facilities provide versatility
- Electronic documentation
- Quality standards & certifications – AS9100, ISO9001, ISO13485, ITAR, AEC-Q200, QPL/MIL-PRF
DECADES OF EXPERTISE
- More than 50 years of wound-product technology expertise
- Extensive applications knowledge
- Creative solutions to technical challenges
- Responsive, nimble and flexible company culture
- Worldwide presence
- Supplier awards from Fortune 500 companies
- Industry awards